Friday, February 5, 2010

Lewis Winch, best winch for the buck!


I like to hunt at the Shiawassee state game area and looking at a 14 ft boat and was trying to find a good winch. I have heard good things about Lewis Winches, but they seem a bit expensive, is it worth the money or is there a better cheaper brand, any suggestions?

B compeau
---------------------------------------------

Lewis is the only winch, IMO.


Shiawasseekid

--------------------------------------------

You have two choices. Go light and haul everything over the dikes or buy a Lewis Winch. I got to see SK's rig this Sunday and we were over the dikes in no time. And no unloading other than people and the dog.

Sampsons owner

-------------------------------------------

Get the Lewis Winch, buy once, cry once. I saw people this weekend using electric winches, all they did was hold everyone else up. Next thing you know you got 6 boats wanting to pull over and the guy with the electric is still on top of the dike 5 minutes later.


Adam Gibbs, hunting guide.

----------------------------------------------
Don't fall for the Rule Winch trap either. It will explode and u will be out $500.00.


Shiawasseekid

-----------------------------------------------

Trust me when I say THE KID speaketh the truth!!! Nothing like being 3/4 of the way over the pull into the Federal Marsh and having all the plastic gearing in the Rule Winch explode...Believe me it does not make for a fun morning.

Luckily I bought it from Cabelas and they took it back, but just save yourself the hassle and get the Lewis Winch. On the third year of pulling a way too big boat (as Shi Kid says) and (the Lewis Winch) still doing fine.

----------------------------------------------

If I had $5.00 for every battery winch I've pulled over the dike behind mine...I could of purchased another Lewis Winch.

--------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. My dad and I mounted over 20 new winches this year. It's been a good year for us, the dependability on these winches are second to none. IMO there is no other option for what we do. :)

    TY Lewis Winch,
    Shiawassee_Kid (aka, Dan Boivin)

    ReplyDelete